Historic Federal Courthouses in New Orleans
U.S. Post Office and Courthouse (n.d., ca. 1915)
Completed in 1915.
Architect: James Gamble Rogers
Still in use by U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana met here from 1915 until 1963.
Renamed the John Minor Wisdom United States Court of Appeals Building in 1994.
By Charles Franck Photographers
Photoprint; October 1931
Courtesy The Historic New Orleans Collection
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 37, Folder KK